Monday, April 25, 2005

Birthday in Little Italy

Sorry, no pictures in Little Italy. We walked for a while downtown then Darlene bought us a large piece of birthday cake at Hot and Crusty. There are pastry shops all lined up side by side. I'm trying to walk all this food off. We stopped at Dean and DeLuca's, which has all kinds of cheeses, breads, cheesecakes, just anything you'd want; then took the subway to eat cannaloni, bread, ravioli, and eggplant parmesian at Paisano's....oh yes, we had the wine, too. What a wonderful birthday. After shopping some more, we headed home and topped the day with more Italian food and cheesecake. I forgot to mention, we stopped to pick up Bryant, who was babysitting all day, some pizza, and the owner of the store really flirted with me. He wants me to come back. Is that o.k., Benny? He's a cute little Italian guy. Well, Darlene, Christine, the kids and I are about to do more shopping, so it's back to Texas and back to work.

No comments: